logo
follow us On Twitter   Follow us on Facebook   Gladinet Cloud Storage Blog   Support forum

HOME     LOGIN     PLANS    

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Google Docs for Education Connection Has Stopped Working Options
eldrdge1
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:47:26 AM
Groups: Member

I've been using gladinet Cloud Desktop Professional for several years now. Really love it. However, I haven't upgraded to version 4 yet. Still using 3.2.721. Lately, my connection to Google Docs has stopped working. We're using Google Apps for Education and I've always used the "Converted Google Apps Account" in Gladinet Cloud Desktop as the Storage Service (in fact, you developed this option in response to one of my postings here a couple of years ago). When I try to connect with the "Converted" option, I just get "Login Failed". This happens on two different computers (one with XP, another with Win7). If I try with "Google Apps for Business", it seems to connect. But, when opening the drive, it just says "Please wait still listing the directory.gof" forever.

Any suggestion? Has Google changed something which has broken the Gladinet connection?

If you can get this working again, we may buy multiple licenses for our organization.

Rgds -- Eric
gang
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 2:32:34 AM
Groups: Administration , Member

Hi, Eric,

Please upgrade to the latest V3, 3.2.799. You can download it here.
www.gladinet.com/c/index.php/gladinet-cloud-desktop-release-history/

After the installation, mount your account with 'Google Docs'. We have merged 'Converted Google Apps account' with regular 'Google Docs' account here.

The mount will fail, due to recent Google Docs change.

Please restart Gladinet now, for couple of times. You should get a new Google Docs plugin. The mount should work after that.

Thanks,
eldrdge1
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 1:34:53 PM
Groups: Member

Yes, that did it. Thanks! I had to use the Google Apps for Business connector though.